Monday, August 11, 2008

Philip Yancey on Prayer

Philip Yancey is one of the best-selling evangelical Christian authors [14 million books in worldwide sales] His recent works include The Jesus I Never Knew [1996], What's So Amazing About Grace [1998], In the Likeness of God [2004], When We Hurt : Prayer, Preparation & Hope for Life's Pain [2006] and Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? [2006].
I have received as a gift The Jesus I Never Knew: I couldn’t put it down until I finished reading. The scholarship is impeccable, the style, superlative and the content, almost God-breathed. If you wish to invest in eternity, beg, buy or borrow any of Yancey’s books.
Here is a video of Philip Yancey's thoughts on prayer, courtesy of YouTube.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
– Jesus Christ, in Matthew 21:22

No comments: